The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
Saunders & Pughe (“WE/US/OUR”) ARE COMMITTED TO PROTECTING AND RESPECTING YOUR PRIVACY.
This policy (together with any privacy notice displayed on www.saundersandpughe.com (“our site”) or otherwise notified to you) sets out the basis on which we will process any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) (“GDPR”) the data controller is Saunders & Pughe LTD 323 Hill Street, Corbridge, Northumberland NE45 5AA We will, in processing your data, comply with the GDPR and all other data protection and privacy laws applied in England from time to time.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM OR ABOUT YOU
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site or other electronic means, by telephone or by visiting our shop or attending our events. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service or requesting further services or searching for a product. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may, as well as other information, include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence or communication.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our site, at our store or by other means, the fulfilment of your orders and any subsequent communications regarding your purchase.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
• Closed circuit television recordings within our stores for safety and security purposes.
We do not routinely collect any “special categories” of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data), nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences. If we need to process any such data for a particular purpose we will explain this to you at the time and will gain your consent to such processing.
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to analyse our customer base by aggregating such data into anonymised reports. We may report this aggregated information to our advertisers as statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, but this anonymised data does not identify any individual. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
HOW WE USE DATA ABOUT YOU
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to do so and relying on a relevant basis for lawful processing in each instance. We will use your personal data in the following circumstances, relying on the basis of processing indicated:
Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us (contact details).
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (contact details, payment information and any information relating to personalisation or relationship status).
Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and we have undertaken an assessment to determine that processing for those interests (listed below) does not outweigh your interests and fundamental rights, considering the nature and impact of the processing and any relevant safeguards we can put in place.
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (online identifiers (including cookies), location data and other technical information).
• To provide you with information, products or services that we feel may interest you, (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes to the extent consent is required by law) (contact details and any information relating to personalisation preferences or relationship status).
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so (online identifiers(including cookies), location data and other technical information).
• To notify you about changes to our service (contact details).
• To maintain a basic amount of information about you and your purchase history, in order to provide you customer service tailored to your tastes and any special occasions/anniversaries of which we may be aware (contact details, payment history and any information relating to personalisation or relationship status).
Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
• To retain basic transaction details for the purpose of tax reporting (contact details and transaction history).
Where you have consented to the processing.
• To send you direct marketing communications via email or fax (contact details). You have the right to withdraw consent to any such use at any time by contacting us.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods). If this happens we may have to cancel any order you have placed to buy goods and we may be unable to offer any services.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where required or permitted by law.
If you provide us with any personal data relating to relatives, partners or other individuals it is your duty to make such persons aware that their personal data may be shared with us and to provide them with appropriate information about how their personal data may be processed by us.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website comply’s to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
As indicated above, we may use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or enquiry.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please contact us on 01434 633302 If you are a new customer, or where we permit named third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
CONTACT & COMMUNICATION
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. You may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter program and we will provide that to you free of charge.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and the GDPR, subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through a link on each email we send.
We send regular emails to our golf and leisure members as part of their contract with us, and in order to keep them up to date with club activities and help them get the most out of their membership. If a member no longer wishes to receive this information they can unsubscribe from our mailing list while still remaining a member of the club.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
SHORTENED LINKS IN SOCIAL MEDIA
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls.
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.